Thursday 13 January 2011

문학

I'm addicted!
I can not stop reading literature. In particular, literature of the ancient nature.
In my Western Civilization class we are reading about Alexander. I already know all about him, but he's still so much fun! So I’m reading Mary Renault's "The Persian Boy". Renault has a poetic and simple writing style at the same time. It's like ... Aeschylus ... but modern. Haha
I write about Alexander in the other classes, too! Things like the death of Kleitos:


And there my lord lay wailing
His face a solemn pale
I reached out to carress him
But all he did was wail
his eyes were fiercely gleaming
"Noli me tangere"
And so I left him weeping
To bathe the earthy grave

Today, my Latin class learned we would go to Italy! It's funny. Italy ...! City of love ... XD Oh no! MEH! I won't worry! I love history and will have a good time!
I hope I can go there! It would be fantastic!

I am also tired of seeing the snow. I want to be in the rain! I want to splash in the street singing loudly hahahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment