Friday 21 January 2011

깊은 침묵

"You are a delicate lotus who was taken from your peace by my barbaric hands because I desired to have all of the time, the happiness that overcomes me when I look upon you...Now I am most glad that you have adapted and not become withered from my foreign touch. I hope to preserve you not for me anymore...but for your own well being." - A.H.M.

Today I finished my book!! I get so emotionally attatched to characters in books that I end up with extreme emotional reactions at the end...This time around I cried my heart out for the death of Alexander and the loss of Bagoas' purpose and love. HAHAAHHAHAHAHAE I'm a dork XD

But I was left meditating a kind of troublesome ending....Bagoas weeps on behalf of his lord throughout the book for various things such as the preservation of his dignity, loyalty of his troops, success in campaigns, the selfishness of love, etc. However, upon the death of Alexander...he sheds not a tear. After thinking for a while and digging through my own emotional patterns I came to a conclusion. This silence is not of malice but is profound. If one should weep so heavily for insignificant matters, what left is there but voidness to come from your throat in times of such utter, melancholic, despair?
It is a silence...but it is a profound one.

No comments:

Post a Comment